Monday, July 21, 2008

Okay, I have an obsession




I've been thinking today about how I hardly gave the full story about my love for Sting. Then tonight, I was looking through old teaching files and realized I'd actually composed a paragraph about Sting as an example (I can't say it's the best paragraph, and it STILL left out some of the truth (good thing--I wouldn't want my students to get the completely wrong idea. I wonder what they thought when they read this paragraph and how it fit into my lesson plan.))

Anyway, it goes like this: I think it is safe to say that I have an obsession for the singer Sting. I have all his CDs, and I listen to them regularly. I have been to see Sting in concert at least 5 times. I don't care how much the tickets cost, I always to to see Sting when he is in town. When I was living in Turkey, I was lucky enough to see Sting play in Istanbul. My obsession extends beyond listening to Sting's music. I have actually had several dreams about him. One time, I dreamed that I was in a yoga studio with Sting. In the dream, I asked him if he would make an instructional yoga video. He said he would think about it. Whether I am listening to Sting by day or dreaming about him by night, I definitely have an obsession for him.

Funny, huh? What I didn't tell the student is that I had a dream that Sting was my teacher, and that he was teaching with his shirt off. I don't normally share that much in a blog, but hey--I'm still on the post concert high!

1 comment:

chiggyz said...

I don't think I am as obsessed as you are, however, I do love Sting tremendously. I think Naui understands. This goes way back to my Junior High days and Synchronicity 2. I had that whole tape memorized. I love the write-up you did on Sting. It should be in the newspaper. I do want to add that I think that Andy and the drummer compliment him so well. They are superstars in their own right and I was sad when the band broke up--very sad. It's so awesome that they have come together again.