Sunday, October 19, 2008

13.1

I walked my 13.1 miles (and more) today. I feel pretty good right now! That's why I love half marathons :). We walked from Union Square, down by Fisherman's Wharf, through the Presidio and up near the Golden Gate Bridge, then down through the Golden Gate Park to the finish. One memorable moment was walking by a lovely young survivor doing the walk herself. I spoke to her and she spoke to me so naturally, kind of like we had known each other forever. I also saw the cutest curly haired little girl who was also a survivor. I took a picture, so eventually hopefully you can see!

I walked along with Tonya, Kate, Gayl and Diane.

At the finish line, a fireman in a tux handed me my Tiffanys sterling silver finisher's necklace. I love it. Just a short update. I'm going to pack up now so tomorrow I can focus on some grading!!

No comments: