Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Silver Lake







I went up to Silver Lake with my Turkish friends and others for a nice walk and late lunch. I brought raspberries--they were a big hit! I was so excited when I saw that Hulya had made my favorite Turkish dessert, sekerpare. Actually there are 3 Hulyas. Imagine that! The one walking with her husband is Ayse, and the other women are Handan (sp) and Alexandra (from Russia). I haven't learned all their husbands' names yet. I hope to get to know them all a little more because they are so fun and delightful! They are havinga baby shower for Hulya 2 Thursday night so I'll have to see about that (it's Anthony's birthday and I would love to go to the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival to honor him.)
My dreams of having a Turkish life were re-ignited yesterday when I got an email from Erkan...

2 comments:

Maddie said...

I still need to post pictures from Ollie's 5th birthday party. He starts kindergarten TODAY!

chiggyz said...

I'll get those pictures e-mailed to you Mad. When you said Erkon, I thought you said dreams of Turkish delight not a Turkish life. Ha!! Sekerpare looks absolutely divine. What a fun fun day with amazing people. I love days like that. I love the study of cultures and peoples.